quinta-feira, janeiro 19, 2017

Para reflexão

"maximization as a concept just isn’t interesting to me. I don’t care about maximization. Not maximization of profit, revenue, people, reach, productivity, etc. Not interesting.
.
I feel like this makes me an outcast in the business world. Part of the minority, the ones who simply “don’t get how it works”.
.
I get how it works. I just don’t care. I’m not interested in squeezing something so tight that I get every last drop. I don’t want, need, or care about every last drop. Those last drops usually don’t taste as good anyway. My thirst is usually well quenched far before that final drop.
.
Am I interested in increasing profits? Yes. Revenues? Yes? Being more productive? Yes. Making our products easier, faster, and more useful? Yes. Making our customers and employees happier? Yes, absolutely. Do I love iterating and improving? Yes sir.
.
Do I want to make things better? All the time. But do I want to maximize “betterness”? No thanks."
Como não recordar a lição dos nabateus.

Trecho retirado de "A Rant Against Maximization"

1 comentário:

Fernando Costa disse...

Ontem deparei-em com esta notícia: http://observador.pt/2017/01/17/swain-as-botas-de-couro-com-quase-100-anos-de-historia/

Senti-me no dever de partilhar, naquilo que é mais um exemplo fantástico do que se apregoa neste blog. É inspirador ver as peças a encaixarem-se todas: história, ideia, valor, qualidade, customização, identidade, ligação, small global business...

E isto tudo sem o bafo governamental ou um tostão subsidiado.